Saturday, February 9, 2013

Childhood Dream 2#

POOF where am I?

     Third grade can be a tough challenge for a kid to go through. Many of the kids are finding where they fit in at the school social wise. I didn't fit in to any category. I had friends who were cool and popular and friends that were nerdy and geeky but made me feel wanted and cared about. they came to my parties and they invited me to play stupid playground games. there was a lot of stress in elementary school. It was tough when you looked a little nerdy as well. glasses and braises to boot. I went to bed that night and found myself in a strange dream. The shower was warm and I stepped out putting a cozy towel around myself. I went to grab the shiny gold doorknob but I felt a little funny about it. I just laughed and twisted the knob and stepped outside the bathroom. When the room came into focus I was in my third grade classroom. all the students were staring at me and the teacher giving a lesson stopped to stair. I looked down and I was still in my Towel. I was so embarrassed. How did I even walk into my classroom when I was just in my bathroom. I quickly turned around to find the door. The bathroom door was gone. I ran out of the classroom while kids were pointing and laughing. I ran down the hall to find the first door to the outside. I ran and ran trying to hold my towel and make it to home. I felt red all over and not from the hot shower.
I woke up and thought not to take a shower this morning.

     I had this dream the night of the day I did get embarrassed by that class.  I was sitting in the back row when my friends mother came in to give her, her forgotten lunch. I said hello Sister Elm. Then all the kids laughed and said you call Chrisy's mother Sister. They all laughed and whispered to each other and stared at me and some even pointed. I just thought to myself isn't that her name? I just didn't understand. It was only a little later that I found that only my church called other members by sister and brother then there last name. I should have understood that from calling teachers Mrs. and Mr. instead of Sister and Brother.That night I had that dream and thought of a ridiculous reason to be embarrassed.  Childhood is hard but so is life.


No comments:

Post a Comment