Sunday, October 23, 2011

Invisible Bars



 
 Invisible Bars 

The cage bird dreams
Of the wind,
Of the sky
A distant hill
Trees, a lawn downstream
 And the cage bird stays still

To claim the sky
To float on the winds current
To take the leap
For things unknown
Another breeze
He thinks of dreams
And the cage bird stays still

Does he dare to fly?
The sky sings his name
The sun,
The trees,
The distant hill
And the lawn downstream
Sing of him
And the cage bird stays still

The cage bird opens his throat
And sings
Sings of freedom
And of fear

He sings
Of things unknown
And the distance
He shouts freedom
He thinks freedom
The tune is heard
The cage bird stays still

His feet shout LEAP
His wings scream FREE
The sky sings his name
The trees, the distant hill
And the lawn downstream
Sing his name

Fear cages the bird
He sees through the bars
Thinks of clipped wings
Of feat tied
Of the unknown
Longing for sky
Longing for freedom
The cage bird dreams
And the bird stays still
 
He sings
Of freedom,
Of fear and
His feet stand
On a grave of dreams
Seeing freedom through narrow bars 

5 comments:

  1. Does he dare to fly?
    The sky sings his name

    Good lines right there, because some don't dare to fly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is like growing up to me. I have been personally pondering growing up a lot lately and while it's scary and hard I think it's going to be worth it. Worth the freedom, my own money, own life? I think I'm ready, to fly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sings of fear." I like a lot and I like that you pointed out fear, not just all the good things that freedom brings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I just love this post! The words just pull you in and don't let go. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete