Thursday, January 12, 2012

Paris

I waited for what seemed like hours
sitting by the sidewalk waiting for a train
a train that would take me to Paris

when it finally arrived I climbed on
I put my suitcase down and sat in my seat
the man next to me smiled
I asked where he was headed
his smile grew as he spoke
of Paris
I gazed out the window for what
seemed like forever
birds were flying and singing
I could tell they were free
free to fly to Paris
On my first day I got off the train
I was counting the weeks
the days and hours
the minutes and seconds
going by while in Paris
I could feel the fresh air
breath it in
feel the soft sun on my face
I couldn't believe my eyes
I was in Paris
I shopped and looked around
smiling at the faces
I looked at a nice shop window and
saw a nice little booklet
it read A Writers Paris
Paris is where I bought that book
I opened the book
nothing was inside
blank pages and not even lines
I took a pink pen from by bag
and started writing
Tumblr_lhn4tunr951qdtfdto1_500_large
I couldn't sit still
I saw a cafe down a tiny street
people walking by
kids holding balloons
but I'll I could pay attention to was the smell
the smell of chocolate
I rushed to the cafe
sat down in  a yellow chair
pulled out my journal
and let down my hair
I sat reading and eating
not caring about anything because i was here
Paris was where I tasted chocolate
I watched a women with
curly blond hair
she was smiling
and running down the street
holding a book in her left
and a hat in her right
then she was out of sight
The next day I went to an
open field and started writing
writing down my entire
life's history
all the bad and the good
looking at the sky while
watching my memories go by
I was in Paris
I looked at the sites
took pictures while I walked
spoke to well almost everyone
for the next six days
I traveled around the city
taking photos and writing
down my thoughts
I was in Paris
I saved the best for last
I stood by the tower
gazing at its wonder
how far had I come
how difficult and exhilarating the ride
but I'm glad i got on
I was in Paris
I loved Paris
Paris was where I learned
to live
Wondering Paris
was like being in a dream
but now its time to leave
I've learned and can go
I walked the miles to the
station not wanting to get on
but the roads been fun
and its time to move on
I will miss u Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment