Sunday, September 18, 2011

Brocken Dream





I walk Alone 
   I walk Alone                                             
      I walk Alone
         My brain is burning
             my mind is spinning
         and this is all too confusing
      I walk alone through
   this empty path
       the ghost of my shadow 
            mimicking every step i take
                 Trees have fallen and the echos 
              whisper my name
           I walk alone
     I walk alone 
  I walk alone
    I came to a town
       it has a look of being upside down
            and my heart screams to turn around
                I pass people who are not really there
          But i can't help but stare
        I walk alone
     I walk alone 
I walk alone
   The buildings are crumbling 
           my mind is unfolding
               and this is all to confusing 
          I walk through the city of darkness
     The lights have all burned out
  and many doors have locked me out
      but I'd rather stay behind closed doors 
        I walk alone 
            I walk alone
                 I walk alone
            I walk through the empty street
        stepping on broken picture frames and glass 
    kicking things that lay in my path
my brain is burning 
    my mind is spinning
         and this is all too confusing
      I walk alone 
   I walk alone 
I walk alone
   I look up to the stars 
       everything looks too far away
           I reach up to grab a star
              and only air appears in my hand
          This is not what its about
      I cant give up my life because of self doubt
  I need to live my life  
     So what i walk alone
         So what i walk alone
             So what i walk alone
       This is my town
   I choose if it should be upside down 
or if i want it all to turn around
   there all my doors 
        and Ive hidden all the keys
             Its all up to me to unlock them
         Its all up to me to keep myself closed
       Its all up to me 
   Its all up to me
   So what 
        I walk alone
              So what
                    I walk alone
                          So what Now

8 comments:

  1. I like this a lot. I really like how it's laid out. It draws your eye. It's very visually appealing. Thanks!
    ~Pond

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this. I like how it just kind of goes. It rhymes. And you can tell you spent time on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the format. I pass people who are not really there
    But i can't help but stare....I feel like I know exactly what you mean! Sweet stuff, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the format, and at the end when you said "so what I walk alone, so what I walk alone, so what I walk alone." It's very uplifting in the end. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've arranged the words and described how it is. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good! Your words just flow so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ending. This is really good. I loved how you said "I cant give up my life because of self doubt I need to live my life"
    Probably my favorite line. I love this. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete